Cosmetic Surgery Claims
Make a No Win No Fee claim with NoWinNoFee.com
Claims for Botched Cosmetic Surgery
What is defined as negligence in cosmetic surgery?
In cosmetic surgery claims, medical negligence amounts to any kind of damage to the body that is not reasonably expected or acceptable. This could include:
- Scarring that is not normal
- Infections post-surgery
- Unevenness with implants – body parts losing shape because of improper placement of implants
- Injury to nerves or surrounding tissues
- Damage to other parts of the body, as a result of the surgery not happening the way it should
- Surgical items being left in the body
Cosmetic surgery claimants can seek compensation for the pain and suffering they had to undergo; medical expenses; lost earnings; expenses due to changes in lifestyle and other expenses directly related to the damage caused by the surgery. In order to make a valid cosmetic surgery claim, your injury lawyer will have to prove that the plastic surgeon, doctors, medical attendants and hospital were legally duty bound to provide you with a certain standard of care which they failed to do, thus causing you physical, emotional and financial damage. This could have happened in many ways – your surgeon may not have had the experience and knowledge required; hygiene practices make have been slack; you may have not been screened efficiently as being a suitable candidate for cosmetic surgery; you may have been ill-advised by the doctor – your lawyer will be able to figure out the reasons and accordingly take up your personal injury claim. As such, it is very important to have an experienced lawyer by your side, who understands medical negligence claims.
Getting compensation for botched cosmetic surgery
The amount of compensation you may be entitled to claim for injuries caused by negligent cosmetic surgery will depend on a number of different factors. An experienced personal injury solicitor will be able to explain what you can claim for, to ensure you receive the full amount of compensation that you are entitled to.
- What evidence do I need to pursue a medical negligence claim?
- How long after the medical negligence occurred am I eligible to make a claim?
- Am I eligible for compensation if I’m injured due to a surgical error?
- Can I claim negligence compensation for misdiagnosis?
- How long will it take to make a medical negligence claim?